keskiviikko 28. tammikuuta 2015

Color inspiration from Madeira

We spent a lovely sunny week in Madeira with the family to escape the Finnish winter. Being in the sun felt so good! The colors in Madeira were totally different from the Finnish winter palette - a very uplifting color experience. My favorites were the beautiful muted silvery greens of several plants, soft lilacs in flowers and shades of slate and stone. 




   



The path of white and gray rock in the pool areas outdoors was repeated in the same color and pattern indoors in the hotel's reception level, but in a shinier version. A great idea!

In my mind, I worked out a fabulous new color scheme for our drab hotel room based on these colors - silvery green, lilac and white and gray. The peach shade on the walls combined with the bright baby blue and orangish curtains made me uncomfortable. I think the colors from outside would be very refreshing indoors.



I wish I had a bunch of these lovely "Camellia japonica" trees growing in our yard. So so beautiful, like a peony tree! We saw these trees in light and dark pinks and whites. This soft pink was our favorite.


And some nice color and facade ideas from buildings.




I have been helping my in-laws with their summer cottage renovations for several years. Next in line in the long project is the exterior of their 1930's cottage. It used to be white and we are planning on restoring the white using the color scheme from the building above as inspiration.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti